We recently had the pleasure of hosting Jeran, the talent behind the blog Oleander + Palm, and her darling family. They put together this great little travel guide to Big Bear that we just had to share!
Big Bear Top Ten (according to Oleander + Palm)
1.Definitely stay at the Noon Lodge at Mallard Bay. The detail and thought that has been put into the design and decor of these adorable cabins is absolute perfection. Our cabin was cute and comfy and the kids spent hours in the gorgeous pool. In the evenings we sat by the fire and played corn hole and bocci ball. (well thanks Jeran!)
2. Eat any meal at the Teddy Bear Restaurant in the village. We might have eaten pie there more than once. And their chicken pot pie was amazing!!!
3. Ride a bike! The town has great bike lanes. The Noon Lodge had bikes to borrow, but the ski hills also have rentals and there is some great mountain biking when you take the lifts up.
4. Swim at the China Island Cabins on the lake. There’s some great granite rocks to jump off of.
5. Hike Castle Rock. It’s a great hike for families. It’s about a one mile hike to the top, but the views are great and there is lots of fun bouldering at the top on the huge granite rocks.
6. Have coffee at the Copper Q. They have an amazing assortment of pastries and more pie. We enjoyed everything we ordered.
7. Visit the North Pole Fudge and Ice Cream Co. in the village for a sweet treat. They have loaded gourmet candy apples, ice cream and lots of candy.
8. One of our favorite activities was the Alpine Sled at Magic Mountain. You ride down the mountain on a 1/4 mile cement track on sleds. It’s really so much fun. You control your own speed. It’s a really unique experience and so much fun for all of us. We also spent the afternoon on their waterslides as well. Olivia must have run up those stairs and down those slides 50 times.
9. Take out from Maggio's Pizza is a must. We brought home pizza and salad and enjoyed it on a picnic table outside our cabin.
10. Rent a couple stand up paddle boards. We rented two and took turns for a couple hours paddling around the lake. Even though there are a lot of boats, the water is pretty calm and the kids had a blast.
Thanks so much for visiting Jeran, we hope to see you guys again real soon! xo